Thursday, February 12, 2015

Teaching Philosophy

Teaching Philosophy

To me the most important part of teaching is to keep the students engaged in learning. Other very important aspects of my teaching philosophy include differentiating my instruction to all types of learners, and creating a safe, comfortable and compassionate environment for the students to learn in.
I really believe that you have to care about what you are learning for it to have any real affect on you. As a teacher I would strive to connect my lessons to my students in engaging ways that would help them expand upon previous knowledge to create something new with lasting impact.
I believe all learners are unique. It is important to take into account all of a class’s specific learning styles, strengths, and limitations when planning a lesson to include everyone and encourage them to think in new ways while still supporting their previously mastered functions of learning.

In my experience, some of the worst classrooms I have been in are the ones with poor learning environments, not just physical but emotional environments as well. I believe in creating a safe and comfortable learning environment free of animosity and hurtful comments. Students in my classroom should feel encouraged to participate freely in their learning.

1 comment: